Initial evaluation and final evaluation

Initial evaluation and final evaluation

by Javier Tejera -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there,

I want to create a quiz for both the initial and final period of the course. The idea is to measure the difference and check if it was an improvement in the knowledge of the students.

How is the easiest way to do it?  Creating two different activities with different timing or just one activity with different attempts? 

It is important to mention that we have a lot of students, so we need the most straightforward way to analyse the data.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Javier Tejera

Re: Initial evaluation and final evaluation

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think create two different quizzes. You can then either compare the results in the Moodle gradebook, or download them as spreadsheets and compare them offline.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Javier Tejera -

Hi Tim, many thanks. I think you are right.
The idea is to have an initial evaluation and after 3 months carry out the final one. The point is students start at different times. Can I configure that the final evaluation is open after exactly 3 months after the initial one is submitted by EACH student?

In reply to Javier Tejera

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't do that with the quiz settings. I am not sure if you can do it with conditional availability.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Javier Tejera -

It seems that I can't do it. Many thanks for your help!