How do you get Moodle to recognize a passing grade as a scale made up of words and not numbers

How do you get Moodle to recognize a passing grade as a scale made up of words and not numbers

by Joel MacDonald -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 1

I'm setting up a competency-based course to be used as a log book for reporting a student's evidence. I have a scale - meets standard/further evidence required. As per this post, I understand how to use an assignment to get Moodle to update a competency accordingly by recognizing when a student has not passed or passed the assignment IF the passing grade is a number. But I'm using words as part of a scale (Meets the standard or Further evidence required). 

Right now the best I seem to be able to do is to get Moodle to automatically award the competency even if what was selected by the logbook assessor was 'Further evidence required'. That's no good because the assignment grade says 'Further evidence required' but the student's competency says 'Meets the standard'. Or I can set it up so that the assessor not only has to select 'Further evidence required' on the inline assignment grader but then also do the same on the competency breakdown report. That's redundant and I want it to be automatically updated. 

So is there a way to do it so that if the assessor selects 'Further evidence required' as the grade on the inline assignment grader Moodle then makes that adjustment in the competency breakdown to show that further evidence is still required (and you also have the checkbox with the nice red 'X' in it beside the activity on the course page)?

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
Joel MacDonald ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: How do you get Moodle to recognize a passing grade as a scale made up of words and not numbers

by Joel MacDonald -

Ok, upon further review, I see that a competency scale can have a numeric mark and grade assigned to it, however, I also see that assignments in Moodle 3.1 do not yet have the option to use a passing grade for activity completion. Have to wait for someone to rectify that or get up to version 3.4.