competencies

competencies

by Kyle Sellers - EMU at Lancaster -
Number of replies: 7

First off we are using moodle 3.4 with the Boost theme. We have never done anything with competencies, but have a need for something like this.

I have been playing and can build the framework and add content to meet the objectives, what I am struggling with is reviewing a students progress.

I have created a Proficiency Reviewer role and given them lots of permissions, regarding the proficiency and the Learning Block. pretty much everything that wasn't meant for a student.

I can only review a student from within a course that has the proficiency added, the Learning block after I add it has no content and disappears when I turn the editing off of my dashboard.

When reviewing content I am not seeing as much as I would like. I need to be able to see:

The objectives with each test, assignment, activity etc and the date completed of each activity.

Unstarted objectives so I can see progress.

and I would like to be able to export a report, with the above content. 

This is all for a licensing program that requires us to keep these records and is reviewed, by the licensing agency for each student periodically, so I need to figure out a way to make this work.

Thank you for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kyle Sellers - EMU at Lancaster

Re: competencies

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Kyle. Does the FAQ "I can't see the Learning plans block" help at all?

Is your custom role similar to the Learning plan viewer role or the Competency reviewer role?

I am going to move this thread to the Competencies forum where hopefully you will get more expert help smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

Hi Mary,

I have enabled the view learning block setting, per that article.  I am attaching all the items I did allow. so maybe you can tell me what I am missing.  I pretty much went in and shotgunned these, because the few I originally had didn't give me much information.  I was really hoping to find one that gave me those time stamps I mentioned in my original post

Thank you

Kyle

Attachment roles.JPG
In reply to Mary Cooch

I wanted to follow up on this.  Am I asking for something that Competencies can't give me? I am looking specifically for that time stamp angle for things. We really need to keep track of when each student completes each of the objectives within the competency.

Kyle

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

From the Profile>Learning Plan view - I select the competency link to view the date/time stamp information.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Shirley,

Thank you for this answer I really do appreciate it, however, if I go to profile and Learning Plan it shows nothing for this student. The only place I can get to any sort of report is from the course admin page> Competency Breakdown. There I get the attached. Which as you can see there is no timestamp for anything, and for this I need time stamps on each of the individual objectives (forgive my objectives by the way when testing I tend to indulge myself.) 

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello Kyle,

Each of the competencies is a hyperlink for the two that have a rating of Check. Select the hyperlink.

You should see the date/time stamp displayed.

Best Regards, Shirley

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Shirley,

Thank you Thank you Thank You.  

No if I can just figure a way to get those individual objectives and times stamps into one report I am golden, but I'm not going to push my luck here.

Again Thank you, I'm going to play with this to see how to make it work for our needs

Kyle