Questionnaire Feedback Missing

Questionnaire Feedback Missing

by Tonie Miller -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

I'm using Moodle 3.4.1 and am setting up a Personality Test Questionnaire but cannot find the feedback feature.  I've looked on various Moodle sites and see it in screen shots but we do not have it in our environment. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. 

Here is a picture of what I see: 

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-03-22%2Bat%2B14.35.16.png

Thanks!

Tonie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonie Miller

Re: Questionnaire Feedback Missing

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Better late than never?

Are you talking about questionnaire or feedback?  It looks like Questionnaire...which would mean this is in the wrong place.  They are different activities.  They do very similar things.

Questionnaire is a third party plug in.  You'd need to download it and install it.

Feedback is part of core.

To create either, you have to go to the course you want it to appear and add an activity.  Then choose the one you're wanting and build the questions.

That said...personality inventories usually have a result (You're a type A personality; you're a kinesthetic learner, etc).  Neither questionnaire or feedback can give students an analysis of their responses, it just gives you information.  If you want the learner to actually get feedback about the results, you might go for a quiz.  I ran a stress inventory for a long time--I turned off teachers' abilities to see the results and set up activity feedback based on score (99--Wow!  You're stressed!  You might talk to someone about working on de-stressing...0--Wow!  You're barely breathing!  That's a really low stress score, ect.).  If it looks at specifc domains, you could have each domain's questions on a separate quiz and put in a bunch of labels with restrict access to specific number combinations.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Karen Whittingham -

Hi Melanie

I found your response very useful here.

I want to do something similar. What do you mean by: 

If it looks at specifc domains, you could have each domain's questions on a separate quiz "and put in a bunch of labels with restrict access to specific number combinations."

I want to give a students a quiz and based on their responses in each of 5 domain areas tell them what to go back and study in each domain (not just one domain) etc  similar to your approach - give them suggestions  (wow you scored 20% for knowledge in X, try the following...AA, BB, CC,, etc.

I can see how i might be able to do this by having a seperate quiz for each domain - but can they be combined?

thanks 

Karen 

In reply to Karen Whittingham

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you want more flexibility, like quizzes for topic 1A, 1B, 1C and if you don't get a super high score on A, B opens up, if you don't have a high score on B, C opens and then topic 2 opens when you get a good score on A or B or have done all three, etc, you wouldn't want to combine them. 

But you could add links in overall feedback at various levels that take them directly to the next piece or in Boost, I think the next activity links might work that way.

But what I really meant was if you have five sections about personality (just for kicks, we'll go with helpfulness, agreeableness, openness, extroversion and conscientiousness) and we'll pretend that there are five questions on each topic and five on each means you're super friendly and 1 on each means you are super shy and not outgoing at all...you could set up labels (resource) with restrictions on when they display (only display if all 5 quiz results are 5 points [wow! you must be a really amazingly friendly and helpful person!]; only display if all 5 quizzes are 1 point [you're feeling some social anxiety, let's work on that!], only display if...), which would be really complicated to set up and see (for you) but would give very specific student feedback based on results...Maybe someone is super helpful--helpfulness of 5, but extremely shy--extroversion of 1, where the feedback provides ways to be helpful without triggering the shyness or helpful hints to overcome shyness (or helpfulness, depending on the objective--I frequently tell my husband to stop being helpful--particularly when he thinks he is helping but really isn't).

Maybe this is too complicated?  But it would work, if you wanted them to get particular feedback for specific results.  I don't actually build things with this level of complexity...I just recognize it can be done & how to...