General developer forum

phpunit testing

Picture of ashok kumar
phpunit testing

Hi ,

I am a newbie , i would like to create a a module and need to do a unit test, i went through assign module and checked the phpunit tests written with in the module under tests folder , i would like to check the tests written under that module "mod\assign\tests\base_test.php"

so i tried to execute the below command,

moodle313\mod\assign\tests>phpunit base_test.php

no output on phpunit were returned,

I have followed the steps to install phpunit given on the moodle documentation , also added the path to phpunit in environmental variable.

Please help me on how can i run unit test on assign module. correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Average of ratings: -
Renaat
Re: phpunit testing
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

php admin/tool/phpunit/cli/init.php
php admin/tool/phpunit/cli/util.php --buildcomponentconfigs
vendor/bin/phpunit -c mod/assign

Picture of ashok kumar

Hi Rennat Debleu ,

Thank you for your reply,

I can execute the first two commands but on running "vendor/bin/phpunit -c mod/assign"

D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313>vendor/bin/phpunit -c mod/assign

'vendor' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Please forgive me if i missing some thing , and could you help me on this.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Ashok.

Picture of ashok kumar

Hi Rennat Debleu ,

An update,

I tried to execute the below command after adding the path ".... vendor/bin/" in environmental variable, i receive the below errors,

D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313>phpunit -c mod/assign

PHP Warning:  include_once(PHPUnit/Extensions/Database/Autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313\lib\phpunit\bootstrap.php on line 83

Warning: include_once(PHPUnit/Extensions/Database/Autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313\lib\phpunit\bootstrap.php on line 83

PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'PHPUnit/Extensions/Database/Autoload.php' for inclusion (include_path='D:\xampp_new\php\PEAR') in 

D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313\lib\phpunit\bootstrap.php on line 83

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'PHPUnit/Extensions/Database/Autoload.php' for inclusion (include_path='D:\xampp_new\php\PEAR') in 

D:\path to moodle dir\moodle313\lib\phpunit\bootstrap.php on line 83

Moodle can not find required PHPUnit extension phpunit/DbUnit

It seems like  "phpunit/DbUnit" extension not available , can you please  help me out to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Picture of Michael Aherne
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

If you're using Windows (which you seem to be), you'll need to use the correct directory separator: vendor\bin\phpunit instead of vendor/bin/phpunit

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Or, use a sensible shell, like the one you get when you install msysgit.