Outcomes at category level

Outcomes at category level

by taha zarouri -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone

we know, we can create the outcomes at course level, but our request can we create the outcomes at category level ???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to taha zarouri

Re: Outcomes at category level

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

What do you mean "outcomes at category level"? What do you call an outcome? What do you want to present at the Category level? I am not understanding what it is you are asking for..sorry,  Do you think you may be able to offer some more clarity here as to what it is you want to achieve? Cheers... 

In reply to taha zarouri

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Presumably you have seen the documentation on Outcomes ? I note you can create outcomes sitewide but I am not sure about creating them category wide.

Would it help if you used Competencies instead? See Competencies

In reply to taha zarouri

by Ellen Reisinger -

I'm interested in this also. I would like to be able to give permission to a Course Creator to set Outcomes for a Course Category specified-(level/area/context?!) so that they may then use those outcomes across all of their course that are in that category. In effect, I am seeking to limit the outcomes so my other clients don't have access to inadvertently (or otherwise) use them, or even see them, when setting up their courses else where in the system.  I believe it is the equivilent behaviour to the Quiz Bank that I am seeking, questions (ie. outcomes) are 'stored' but also limited to a category. Hopefully, I've not diluted my requirement with this analogy especially as my understanding of both features is limited to the moodle (v2.7.9) I work in. 

I see in documentation, Outcomes are either site-wide or course specific, but maybe through permissions (or not sure what else) it is possible to setup this type configuration with outcomes?  

(Also apologies Taha, if I've misinterpreted or hijacked your post.)