overall Feedback and Essay Questions

overall Feedback and Essay Questions

by Tony Moser -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We are currently using Moodle together with SafeExamBrowser (SEB). We'd like to use a quit-link for SEB in order to get it closed, once students have finished and submitted the quiz.
To do so, the link can be displayed in the overall feedback section --> that way it has not to be placed in the description

Now the problem is that for the overall feedback to be displayed, it is required to have autocorrected questions. That makes sense with its intended purpose to display messages concerning the result of the student.

But still it would be nice, if the feedback could be displayed without the need of an already (automatic) corrected test.

A workaround right now can be done, when I set 0 points for the essay question. That way I get all the results from a test and the overall feedback will be displayed. Afterwards I can set the points of the essay question to the preferred scoring and manually grade it.

Are there other, convenient ways to do so?

Or perhaps others, who would like to have such a function as well (overall feedback possible to display despite essay questions or other questiontypes who require manual grading)?

kind regards,
Tony

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tony Moser

Re: overall Feedback and Essay Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is a really good point. Well done for thinking of the work-around. I cannot think of anything better than that.

(And, putting the quit link in the overall feedback is also a really good idea.)

I feel that the problem you describe is something that should be fixed, but I cannot think of a good way to fix it right now.