Conflict Issues - Room Booking

Conflict Issues - Room Booking

by Learning Technology -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I am attempting to use the Scheduler as a Room Booking activity. I was looking to use a separate scheduler per room. However because I am setting the same teacher as the booking admin for all rooms this is causing conflicts with available slots.

Would there be any future plans to permit removing all conflicts that would allow for the activity to be used in this manner. Or are there any simple changes that can be made to the code that would allow the same process be carried out.

Many thanks,

Joe
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Learning Technology

Re: Conflict Issues - Room Booking

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello

Scheduler is really designed for booking appointments with teachers (not rooms), hence the conflict checks.

If you would like to change this in your installation, then i think that editing the function scheduler_instance->get_conflicts(), so that it always returns an empty array, should do the trick. (This is in mod/scheduler/model/scheduler_instance.php .)

I'm not sure whether this makes sense as a built-in option though. It would be quite easy to include a global option (conflict detection yes or no, for all schedulers), but is this what users want? If this is supposed to be an option on a per-scheduler basis, it becomes more tricky to implement I guess.