no documentation that final grades only appear in the Gradebook until Revealing identities

no documentation that final grades only appear in the Gradebook until Revealing identities

by Kris Thielemans -
Number of replies: 0

I've wasted 2 days with the following.

I created an Assignment with pretty much all default options (uploading max 2 files). For instance, the Grading Method is set to Simple Direct Grading.

We have now graded all returned assignments by using the online system (2 tutors, each of us marking some stuff on the PDF shown when grading, and typing some other stuff in the Feedback box, and me totalling up points and filling in the Grade box). I have ticked “notify students” for a few but not all (it's very unclear to me if this means that only the student for that assignment gets notified, but I guess so) . ok. When I now go to the assignment it says “Needs grading 0”. Great.

Now I go View gradebook, there are no grades listed for the assignment. I search and search and search. Nothing. Somehow I decide to click on the box "Reveal student identities". Aha!

Can this be documented somewhere please?

A related Issue is at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-57006, which does mention this behaviour, but I only found this one once I knew what to do.

PS: you're going to ask me which Moodle version I use. I have no clue and don't seem to be able to find out as I don't have the Site Administration setting of course as I'm not managing Moodle at our university. just using it...

Average of ratings: -