Initial email storage during install

Re: Initial email storage during install

by Sherman Keene -
Number of replies: 2

Hi AL !

I did what you suggested, but nowhere could I find a Yahoo email address.

A long time ago I remember that the initial install email is set into some sort of config file which is part of the brand new Moodle build.

The only fault is minor. I get "could not deliver" error messages from my Moodle each time it tries to announce a new version.

Thanks for your kind reply.

smile
Sherman

In reply to Sherman Keene

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sherman,

The only email entry during set up that I can recall is the email address for the first admin user and the email address you enter when registering your site.

In the first case, you would need to edit the profile of the admin user.

In the second case, under the Administration block go to Site administration > Registration and scroll down to, Email address.

There is a possibility that you used the config-dist.php file to create your site config.php file when you first created your Moodle installation. It does have a few other email possibilities in it. Just look in your actual config.php and see if there are any email entries there. If so, just try commenting them out.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sherman Keene -

Thank you AL !

I inspected config.php but there is no email in there.

For the life of me I can't figure who the email sender is.

I'd fix it if I could, but I just don't have enough knowledge.

So i receive a "junk" email bounce message every time moodle.org announces an update. Just something to get used to.

Thank you!

Sherman Barry