Dataform (plugin)

Dataform compatible with Moodle 3.4 ?

Picture of Francis Vendrell
Dataform compatible with Moodle 3.4 ?

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody has tested the last dataform version (3.3.2) with Moodle 3.4 ?

Are they compatible ?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Van Romine
Re: Dataform compatible with Moodle 3.4 ?

I have been successfully using dataforms in Moodle 3.4.4 for several weeks.... I just upgraded to 3.5.1. No errors. My configuration is:

• Moodle 3.5.1
  • PHP 7.2.9 (with mcrypt added through PECL) 

https://lukasmestan.com/install-mcrypt-extension-in-php7-2/

HTH

Picture of Francis Vendrell

Thank you Van Romine for your answer!

smile

Picture of Greg Rudl

I created a new moodle instance (vers 3.5)with Bitnami Launchpad for AWS Cloud and I can't create a new entry nor edit an existing one.

Picture of Van Romine

I have done both:

• Created an Ubuntu 18.04 server instance from scratch, installed Moodle 3.5 and dataforms.
  • Downloaded Bitnami LAMP stack (Ubuntu 18.04 and PHP 7.29) Moodle and then added Moodle 3.5 and dataforms

Can you check a few things?

• What do your syslogs say when you add an entry for a dataform?
  • Turn on full Moodle debugging and what does it say?

I need more information in order to recommend a next step.

Picture of Greg Rudl

Not sure what to make of this:

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_time_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_selectmulti_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_selectmulti_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_textarea_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_text_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

Picture of Van Romine

I've seen PHP be very picky like this. What version of PHP are you using? 7.0 is most highly recommended, 7.2 is also stable. However, 7.1 was a little harder to make work with Moodle.... (my experience)... your mileage may vary.

Picture of Greg Rudl

PHP Version 7.0.31

Picture of Van Romine

I would suggest you reinstall Moodle using the bitnami module... see below:

DO YOU ALREADY HAVE WAMP / MAMP / LAMP INSTALLED?

If you already have WAMP, MAMP or LAMP installed, you can add Bitnami Moodle Stack on top of that installation using a module:

Picture of Greg Rudl

I installed Moodle on my PC (as you described) and was able to use DF. But after restoring a DF from Moodle 3.2 site into this new instance the result was that some of the fields were crowded--see SS attached. I have what I need--thanks for your help.