Course Completion not Working

Course Completion not Working

by Pablo Díaz -
Number of replies: 5

I use Moodle 3.4 and I have the following problem, I would really appreciate it if someone could help:

I have a course in which I have the completion tracking enabled, the conditions of completion of all the activities and the conditions for the course to be considered completed are established. But the course is not marked as completed eventhough the students fulfill all the conditions.

The user (role: student) has completed all the activities required for the course to be considered completed but it is not marked as completed

I read that I had to wait for the cron but it has been about 5 days since the user finished all the required activities, and nothing.

I installed a plug-in that automatically enrols user to Course 2 after Course 1 is marked as complete, but since the course completion is not marked, it does not work.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Attachment Captura 1.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Díaz

Re: Course Completion not Working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Check in Site administration > Server > Scheduled tasks that the task 'Calculate regular completion data' is running frequently enough, such as every minute. You should also have a link "Run now" to run this task straight away. If that doesn't resolve the issue then there might be a problem with your cron.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Pablo Díaz -

YES!!!!

Oh I've been trying to solve this for a long time!! It worked! 

I would have never gone to look for it there. 

I'll post it on the Spanish forum as I see many other people have the same problem. 

Thank you so much.

In reply to Pablo Díaz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It is in the Spanish documentation https://docs.moodle.org/all/es/Finalizaci%C3%B3n_del_curso_FAQ (although you could maybe add the information about the "run now" link.)

For reference - English version: Course completion FAQ

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Pablo Díaz -

Hello again Mary, 

So I set the "Calculate regular completion data" settings to run every minute. After I set it, it works the first time, but afterwards it says it will run as soon as posible instead of saying it will run in one minute. 

Then it does not run again anymore. Why?? What can I do?

I attach the screenshots. 

Thank you in advance. 

Attachment Captura1.PNG
Attachment Captura2.PNG