Unable to get LTI content to display

Unable to get LTI content to display

by Bob Derezinski -
Number of replies: 0

I have 2 Moodle sites setup and I am trying to test the LTI functionality between them.

They are both running version 3.3.

In Provider site I have enabled the following:

·         Site Administration>Plugins>Authentication>Manage Authentication>Enable LTI

·         Site Administration>Plugins>Enrollments>Manage Enroll Plugins>Enable Publish as LTI Tool

Once enabled, in the LTI Provider site go to a course>Administration>Users>Enrollment Methods>Add Method>Select Publish as LTI Tool.

·         Enter a Custom Instance Name

·         Select the Tool to be Published (Entire course or a Lesson within the Course).  Choose Entire Course.

·         Under Remote System copy the Secret code.

·         Click Add Method – You are taken back to the Enrollment Methods screen that now displays your new Enrollment Method.

·         Go to Administration>Published as LTI Tools

·         Make a note of the launch details (cartridge URL and secret) or just the registration URL for the LTI Consumer site.

You will need to give the LTI Consumer Site

In Consumer site:

·         Create or go to a course (Knowledge Hub Setup and Maintenance)>Add a lesson or if a lesson exists Add an Activity>Select External Tool as the Activity Type and click Add.

·         Name the Activity.

·         Preconfigured Tool defaults to Automatic, based on URL.  If I click Add, the screen that loads is blank, no error.

·         Enter the Tool URL, based on the info provided, this is the Cartridge URL from the Provider (Shown above)

·         Enter the Shared Secret

·         Login as a Student

·         Go to course and click on the LTI Activity.  (The course should load at this point, but I just get a blank screen without any error messages (see below)

Any clue as to why the content doesn't load?

Average of ratings: -