Moodle Mobile APP and Default Theme

Moodle Mobile APP and Default Theme

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

QUESTION:

Will it ever be possible for the Moodle Mobile App to inherit styles from the Default theme chosen for a Moodle site?

This is related to a request for help about the Adaptable theme, in the Themes Forum.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=366852#p1479508

Thank you,

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Moodle Mobile APP and Default Theme

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary,

we've been discussing this lately and it could be potentially very dangerous (the theme overriding or changing accidentally styles of the app).

But we know this is a current limitation of the app, so we are going to do some initial research supporting Boostrap 4 styles

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Xavier Molina-Schenk -

Hi Juan

I was involved in the thread that Mary mentioned in her post. As a Moodle-Supporter and Admin myself I am pretty much aware about my knowledge limitations concerning the complexity of software development.

Having said this, I hardly dare to ask if it could be a possible way to have different front page settings: One for mobile devices, one for computers.

This solution would in this particular case involve not only the development of the mobile.app but, of course, the moodle core development.

In reply to Xavier Molina-Schenk

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Xavier,

in general, we try to avoid adding more options/settings to Moodle (there are a lot!) so this change is not in our roadmap.

Remember also that Moodle Mobile (phone and tablet) and Moodle Desktop share the same base code, so we try to have a similar experience in all of them.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Xavier Molina-Schenk -

Hi Juan

So, all the parties seem to share this common ground – in trying "to have a similar experience in all of them."