Activities: Attendance 3.1.1.2 BUG

Activities: Attendance 3.1.1.2 BUG

by Franky Vallori -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have the version of Moodle 3.1.9.

The version of the plugin is 3.1.1.2 (2016052204) for Moodle 3.1

When a student clicks on "Submit attendance", a blank page appears and registration is not performed.

Can you help me, please?

Bye,

Francesco

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Franky Vallori

Re: Activities: Attendance 3.1.1.2 BUG

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A blank page usually indicates a php error has occurred- can you please turn display errors on and set the level to 'developer' in moodle debugging settings and try again? Then post the details of the error displayed here.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Franky Vallori -

Hi,

even with the DEBUG I always see blank page...on this URL

/mod/attendance/attendance.php?sessid=857&sesskey=Yl6oHjgIf4

Francesco

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

we can't help without more information sorry.

Make sure you have "display errors" set to "on" - you might also want to try and find the web server error logs and see if any information is reported there.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Franky Vallori -
Hi,

I set display error on php....

Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in ......../mod/attendance/attendance.php on line 42

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in.../mod/attendance/attendance.php on line 42

Thanks for HELP,

Francesco

by Dan Marsden -

that looks like:
https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/issues/279

you are using a really old version of PHP - you should be planning an upgrade to PHP 7 at some point soon (you will see some nice performance improvements with this too.) - newer versions of Moodle do not support your old PHP release so you will need to do that before you upgrade moodle next anyway.

in the meantime the 3.1 branch on github has a fix for that - grab the download for the MOODLE_31_STABLE branch - direct download here:
https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/archive/MOODLE_31_STABLE.zip