video conference for mobile client

video conference for mobile client

by Mr Simo -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

is there any video conference and whiteboard that can work with moodle mobile client?  

something like https://jitsi.org/ ?

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mr Simo

Re: video conference for mobile client

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mr. Simo,

Great question! There are actually several video conferencing plugin integrations available. Although there may be others, Big Blue Button comes to mind. A Big Blue Button plugin is open source and has an integration plugin available for Moodle. It is typically hosted on your own server - like Moodle.

I have actually used it with Android devices using Chrome web browser. I am not sure if iOS support is available yet however there may be an app for iOS. I don't believe that the Moodle Mobile Client currently includes integrated support for Big Blue Button or any other video conference/whiteboard activities yet.

You can try out the integration by signing up for a free MoodleCloud account. Each account includes integration with Big Blue Button for up to 5 people.

Alternatively, you could simply create a label, page or URL resource in your course and insert a link to your BBB session. For example, try out BBB on their demo site using the following link:

https://demo.bigbluebutton.org/b/meetings/MoodleDiscussion

This approach would probably work as well for many other video conferencing applications like Jitsi that meets your requirements.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

In reply to Michael Milette

Re: video conference for mobile client

by Mr Simo -

Hello

thank you very much

very interesting, flash client is very bad not work on ios device and always make problems with old flash version

i have tried the html5 but it always give error

i will try to install it locally to try and give you feedback

Best Regards