General help

Set Up Issues with Moodle Version

Picture of Jordan Lee
Set Up Issues with Moodle Version

Hi, I am having issues with setting up the project locally. 

I'm using 

• moodle version is 1.9
  • PHP 5.3.6
  • MSSQL 2008
  • IIS 6.2

Encountered the below error:

"Version mismatch: assignment can't downgrade 2007101591 -> 2007101511 !"

Upon clicking Continue button, it leads me to an empty page with this url http://localhost:8888/?

UPDATE:

have change the version number in module/assignment/version.php file and it is giving me another error as shown below

Please advise on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks in advanced!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jordan Lee
Re: Set Up Issues with Moodle Version

I have added this in the config file 

$CFG-> version =2005042900; 

as per the plugin version number stated in 

module\assignment\type\online\version.php

Picture of AL Rachels
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Jordan,

You are looking in the wrong place.

"Version mismatch: assignment can't downgrade 2007101591 -> 2007101511 !" For Moodle 1.9, you need to go look at the database table, mdl_modules. Search the field "name" for "assignment" and you should find your 2007101591, which is the date giving you problems. If you REALLY want to downgrade, change the entry to something lower than 2007101511.

Picture of Howard Miller
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Erm...

Firstly, you *cannot* downgrade Moodle. You might get by that message by fiddling with the setting in the config table but it'll still be broken. The *only* way to do this is to reload from a backup.

Secondly, Moodle 1.9?? That's ancient history now and hasn't been supported in years. 

Picture of AL Rachels

Actually, according to his first picture, he is trying to downgrade the assignment plugin, but is confusing it's version with the Moodle version. And also, in the last picture, looks like he is possibly mixing 1.7 and 1.9 files.

Picture of Howard Miller
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Oh right... it confused me as well then big grin big grin

Picture of Jordan Lee

Hi thanks for both of your replies, weirdly after i refresh the page this error message doesn't show. I have changed the module version number to match against the root version number, and I can now successfully see the upgrading page and it shows the below warnings

Moving forward, do I change the datatype for mdl_config from ntext to text? Or do I change the database collation to unicode? Currently in mssql 2008 there is no option to change it to unicode. Sorry for confusing everyonemixed

Picture of Jordan Lee

Hi guys, please ignore the previous question, really sorry for the confusion. Now i'm back to this state, i have revert and redo the set up from the start as the error message keeps changing when I'm not changing the codes. Any idea on how to proceed?

Picture of Howard Miller

Before we go any further... Totara isn't Moodle. Totara branched away from Moodle some time ago.

Having said that (more confusion) are you really using a 1.9 version of Totara? There'll be almost nobody who remembers anything about it. 

Are you using server software that is too new for example?

Picture of Jordan Lee

Hi Howard,

Apologies for the confusion as I have no background on PHP or moodle/totara. Please see the below if it helps to answer your question.

// MOODLE VERSION INFORMATION

$version = 2007101591.03; // YYYYMMDD  date of the 1.9 branch

$release = '1.9.12 (Build: 20110510)';     // Human-friendly version name

// TOTARA VERSION INFORMATION

$TOTARA = new object();

$TOTARA->version    = '1.0.18';             # Please keep as string

$TOTARA->build      = '20110705.00';        # Please keep as string

$TOTARA->release    = "{$TOTARA->version} (Build: {$TOTARA->build})";

I have a new error now, please refer to this. 

Picture of AL Rachels

Sorry, I don't know anything about Totara. I also don't know/use MSSQL or IIS.

I am still uncertain as to what you are actually trying to do. Are you trying to create a site from scratch? Or, do you have an existing site you are trying to upgrade? In your first post where you mention what you are using, do you also have a database file?

Picture of Jordan Lee

Hey, it's alright, just trying my luck to see if anyone can help me out. 

I'm trying to set up an existing project in my local environment. Yes, we have an existing db, and it is connected successfully. Now after i click continue on this page. 

It brings me to this site. 

Picture of Rick Jerz
Particularly helpful Moodlers

I wonder if you would have more luck if you tried using the current version of moodle?

Picture of Jordan Lee

Hi Rick, I would love to do so, but there are already changes made by different colleagues in the moodle files, thus it was a criteria that we have to use the 1.9 version of moodle and mssql 2008. mixed

Picture of Jordan Lee

Updates: 

Have change the db datatype to text instead of ntext, and now the error in error log shows

PHP Warning:  Cookie names cannot contain any of the following '=,; \t\r\n\013\014'

Picture of Howard Miller

You have an ancient version of Totara, not even Moodle with unknown customisations. 

Please tell me you have backups? I think the best you can hope for is to get back to where you started.