I just encountered this problem for the second time within 2 weeks at our site, running Moodle 3.3.1+ (Build: 20170714). I've never seen it before in this or earlier versions.
I was also able to reproduce it by copying the affected course to our test site, which runs Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171214).
Basically, there is an assignment with submissions that have been graded. If i view the submissions I can see the correct grades, however, when I go to the gradebook, all students are marked with 0.00 % / 0.00 points for that assignment.
- When i duplicate the affected assignment, it will have the exact same problem for all new submissions.
- The problem persists when moving the buggy assignment to a new grade category.
- When I create a new assignment from scratch with the exact same settings as the buggy assignment, it does not have this problem.
- When I import the affected assignment into another course, it will show the same behaviour
- The bug always seems to affect all the users for a given assignment - they will be all graded zero
I do not know what causes this behaviour, but you can download the affected assignment as a backup file here:
Has anyone encountered this problem or does know how to fix it?