Can't register my host on moodle hub

Can't register my host on moodle hub

by José Moya -
Number of replies: 1

Hi!

After upgrading from moodle 3.3.x to moodle 3.4.x, I've noticed I can't register my host. Most probable source of this issue is my server using a  public key for MOOCH (moodle hub) that expired on 2012. 

Yes, my moodle install is not getting new public keys from mnet servers, nor is it renewing keys for itself. It is an old issue, I have discussed it before in the Spanish moodle forums, but I never found a working solution for it:

Hosts with different keys are supposed to show up the newer, unmatched key issued by remote host below the stored, expected one. But my moodle install shows an empty field followed by details of the current key, as you can see here:

[ Stored public key ]

This key expired on Thursday, 5 January 2012, 4:18 PM

Last connect time

09:48:51 11/03/2018

IP address

Current public key

The public key you are holding for this host is different from the public key it is currently publishing. The currently published key is:

[ empty field -- here I expected to see the current signature ]

Cert details

C: NZ

ST: Wellington

L: Wellington

O: MOOCH: Moodle.org Open Community Hub

OU: Moodle

subjectAltName: http://hub.moodle.org

emailAddress: noreply@hub.moodle.org

(Please notice the note "[ empty field -- here I expected to see the current signature ]" between square brackets was entered by me)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to José Moya

Re: Can't register my host on moodle hub

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. If you haven't already, could you please email support@moodle.org with details of your site URL and the error messages you get? Thanks.