Avoid Students to access from same device with different accounts

Avoid Students to access from same device with different accounts

by ibrahim ibrahim -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Sir,

I would like to ask about how can I  Avoid Students to access from same device with different  accounts please. 

*I am using Moodle 3.4.

Thank you .

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ibrahim ibrahim

Re: Avoid Students to access from same device with different accounts

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That's a new variation...

Why? What specific problem are you trying to fix. 

Why would they have more than one account?

In reply to Howard Miller

by ibrahim ibrahim -
Hello. May they use crib cheating for example one student finish his exam and login again with his friend account. We use locally network.
In reply to ibrahim ibrahim

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

But...

- even if you do this, what's to stop them just going to a different computer and logging on with their friend's account?

- what happens if two students *legitimately* want to use the same computer? How long would you lock that IP address from access by a different account?

Sounds like the wrong solution. It's more normal to make it quite clear that using somebody else's login is a major breach of security and will have (nasty) consequences. You'll never stop them doing it if they think it's somehow ok.