Feature, Problem or Bug?

Feature, Problem or Bug?

by Andreas R. -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all

We used Moodle 3.4.1+ (Build: 20180308) and the Boost Theme. In the past we have antoher problem (its solved), so we switch on the debug mode. He is the result:

Format plugin format_flexsections is not found. Using default format_topics
line 126 of /course/format/lib.php: call to debugging()
line 187 of /course/format/lib.php: call to format_base::get_format_or_default()
line 35 of /course/format/lib.php: call to format_base::instance()
line 2672 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_get_format()
line 545 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to section_info->__construct()
line 418 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo->__construct()
line 2157 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo::instance()
line 64 of /filter/activitynames/filter.php: call to get_fast_modinfo()
line 176 of /lib/filterlib.php: call to filter_activitynames->filter()
line 218 of /lib/filterlib.php: call to filter_manager->apply_filter_chain()
line 1275 of /lib/weblib.php: call to filter_manager->filter_text()
line 985 of /lib/externallib.php: call to format_text()
line 161 of /lib/classes/external/exporter.php: call to external_format_text()
line 82 of /blocks/myoverview/classes/output/courses_view.php: call to core\external\exporter->export()
line 108 of /blocks/myoverview/classes/output/main.php: call to block_myoverview\output\courses_view->export_for_template()
line 46 of /blocks/myoverview/classes/output/renderer.php: call to block_myoverview\output\main->export_for_template()
line 401 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to block_myoverview\output\renderer->render_main()
line 66 of /blocks/myoverview/block_myoverview.php: call to plugin_renderer_base->render()
line 288 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_myoverview->get_content()
line 230 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
line 1210 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
line 1262 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
line 579 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
line 110 of /theme/boost/classes/output/core_renderer.php: call to core_renderer->standard_head_html()
line 219 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Context.php: call to theme_boost\output\core_renderer->standard_head_html()
line 138 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Context.php: call to Mustache_Context->findVariableInStack()
line 34 of /srv/www/htdocs/eins/moodledata/localcache/mustache/1520539398/boost/__Mustache_a59ea1bcff0abbf10021a03972c47150.php: call to Mustache_Context->findDot()
line 67 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Template.php: call to __Mustache_a59ea1bcff0abbf10021a03972c47150->renderInternal()
line 177 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to Mustache_Template->render()
line 55 of /theme/boost/layout/columns2.php: call to renderer_base->render_from_template()
line 1261 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
line 1191 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
line 164 of /my/index.php: call to core_renderer->header()

We did never and not use the flexsections before. We have a test installation of the same moodle version, so i copied the flexsections into /moodle/course/format folder and the error, all errors are gone!

Is this a new feature or a bug? We use PHP 7.0.23 and MySQL 5.6.34.

I dont know if i post in the correct forum, for any help or answer thanks in advance!

Greets Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas R.

Re: Feature, Problem or Bug?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you ever copied or imported resources - a course - from the system that has flexsections? Even if you've never used it on the live system, that would make it look for it and the messages are simply that it cant find that format.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Andreas R. -

Hey Richard

Thanks for answer. No nothing import, i  see these error warnings for the first time. After i install the flexsections everything was fine. So i was not sure, missing something in the download 3.4.1+ or is it a bug or a problem. This moodle installation run for years and i´m involved from the beginning, i can not remember see this error before!

Greets Andy

In reply to Andreas R.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Andy,

Additional to what Richard has said.  You could look at the 'format' column of the 'courses' table in the database to find which course id (s) has / have the 'flexsections' format.  Then that should provide more information, possibly via logs, about whom added the course and where it came from and thus answer 'why did this happen?'.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Andreas R. -

Hey Gareth

Thanks for supporting me, i check the database - nothing targeting in this direction. Specally this course exist for many years, and no one did change anything about the format. Anyway i ask myself, why came this error/warning yet, and not in the past. As i said, after i install the flexsection format all error warnings ar gone. And in this case i was thinking it must be a new feature and not a bug or a problem. Can it be a theme new feature/problem of the boost theme?

Geets Andy

In reply to Andreas R.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Andy,

RE: Can it be a theme new feature/problem of the boost theme?

No.

However something somewhere must be asking for the format.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Andreas R. -

Hey Gareth

Okee dokee, Shit happends .. i think we can live with that, whatever it is wink

Thanks und Greets Andy