How to find the assignment that needs grading (Moodle 3.4)

How to find the assignment that needs grading (Moodle 3.4)

by Tony H -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings,

Like many things in Moodle, I seem to miss the obvious... 

Question: How do I filter the submissions on Needs grading?

Once a student resubmits the work for grading, how do I find that particular assignment? I know which student submitted it (from external circumstances outside of the LMS), but I can find no indication on the assignment page that tells me which assignment was submitted. Both Submitted for grading and Graded are already green. Ideally, the Submitted fro grading text should turn yellow or give some indicator that a student has resubmitted the assignment.

needs grading

updated but how do i know

Kind regards,
Tony

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony H

Re: How to find the assignment that needs grading (Moodle 3.4)

by David Powell -

There are two potentially confusing things, I think:

1. You need to press the uncoloured button, "View all submissions" (even though you want to view only a selection).  (But I think you've done this.)
  2. There are drop boxes both above and below the student listing that comes up.  You need to go below the listing to find the Options section.  It's got an arrow next to it, which shows it's a collapsible section.  If the arrow's pointing down, you'll see some options, which include Filter.  
    Set Filter to Requires Grading.

You can still use the big blue Grade button against each individual student, but if doing so I use the breadcrumb menu to take me back to the next filtered student.  The filtering doesn't seem to apply to the next/previous navigation on the full (single-student-view) grading page.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Powell

Re: How to find the assignment that needs grading (Moodle 3.4)

by Tony H -

ahhh....there it is! The options menu was at the bottom of the page, with the setting hidden in the filter box. I sure didn't think to look there.  Clicking on filter to get the ones that need grading didn't seem intuitive either...

To clarify, there is no options menu at the top of the screen in the default theme for 3.4.

Thanks, David!!