The connection was reset while purging cache

The connection was reset while purging cache

by Alec Jordan Buencamino -
Number of replies: 1

I tried to use the purge all cache function in moodle. After doing so, the moodle doesn't load anymore. It keeps on saying "This connection was reset". I tried clearing the contents of sessions folder in moodle data and restarted the server but still doesn't work.

I do hope somebody can help since I have a lot of student files to check.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alec Jordan Buencamino

Re: The connection was reset while purging cache

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alec,

"This connection was reset" is often actually a browser cache issue. Try clearing your web browser cache and cookies. You can usually get to these settings in most web browsers by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE while in the web browser.

If you are using a proxy, you may need to clear its cache as well or disable it in your Internet settings.

If you are on a Windows computer, try the following commands:

netsh winsock reset catalog
ipconfig /flushdns

The only other thing that I can think of might be your firewall (corporate or local) which might be blocking the connection. If course it could always be a virus on either your computer or the web server. I once had a buggy Chrome plugin that was causing communication issues with some servers.

Hope you find one of these solutions helpful. Post back and let us know how you resolved the issue.

Best regards,

Michael Milette