Demo User with multiple user with same username password from different location

Demo User with multiple user with same username password from different location

by Domadiya Nikunj -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

I want to allow non-register users to attempt quiz.

As guest option is not working with quiz. I had created the demo user and put it on log in screen with password.

Now the issue is multiple users from different location use the same username and password.
Will it effect on the on going quiz of other users who have log in with same credential.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Domadiya Nikunj

Re: Demo User with multiple user with same username password from different location

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes, if two people are answering questions at the same time one person may see the responses of another or they may get an issue when one person has completed and the other is still in progress. 

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Demo User with multiple user with same username password from different location

by Domadiya Nikunj -

Thank you Marcus Green,

can you suggest some solution for this issue,

I want set up a quiz in course for non-registered or guest users.

Once again Thank you for your answer.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Domadiya Nikunj

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

People have been asking for this since the dawn of the Moodleverse (I joined shortly after the big bang). I have thought about this for my own purposes because I have been experimenting with portable Moodle on a Raspberry Pi (MoodleBox) and I would like to make it very easy for people to go through some activities with the minimum of registration. I run it from a USB battery and so can walk up to a person and say "Hey login to the Moodle that is in my left hand pocket and see what it does"

The closest I can imagine is self registration with stripped back field set and no email authorisation required. I have a feeling this is possible but cannot think of the actual plugins that would do it. So if someone can think of them and post here it might help at least two people. 

You might find information on this if you include phrases in your search such as "dangerous" "don't do this because security", as such as set up would allow anyone to get on your system and do whatever bad things bad people do. However for my Moodle about my personage I can live with that.

I just had another idea of having some pre-defined accounts for users to click on with the same password and when someone logs in on that account the link is disabled for a set amount of time. But someone would have to write some code for that.