I need to utilize a Dataform module to present only selected records from the database to different users.
Logged-in user should not see records not designated to him.
I tried to assign dedicated filters to users, but without success.
What I am doing wrong?
Is it possible to permanently assign a filter to any user?
Can you help me?
The MANAGER can add / delete / edit any record; the Student can only read.
The recordings are added into MANAGER after the students are enrolled.
In August 2018, I asked the following question.... is it similar to your situation?
Let's say I have 100 entries in a Dataform that has a field (named MYTYPE) that I want to use as a "dynamic filter". For example:
- I want to display a dropdown consisting of the UNIQUE values of the field named MYTYPE.
- When the user chooses one of the dropdown options, I want a filter to be applied that shows only the entries where the field MYTYPE contains the value selected by the user.
Can this be done?....===================================================
I never got an answer, but I am hoping you and I might be able to combine our efforts for a solution.
I stumbled upon the answer:
- 1392 is the id# of the dataform
- 863 is the id# of the view
- 1833,1834,1835,1836 are the id#'s of the specific entries you want filtered
I can create the SQL query that tells me which entry id#'s match my criteria. All I have to do is build the url.