Regarding Activity Author Name

Regarding Activity Author Name

by Mahatria Ra -
Number of replies: 5

HI,

I would like to know how to display the Authors & Transcribers name in the Activity.

For Example in the single course we have multiple teacher so we need the Details next or below the Activity (who is created and who is modified, who is author and Transcriber etc).

Can we add custom field in the Activity ? Most importantly for File's Activity  

Thanks

MayaV

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahatria Ra

Re: Regarding Activity Author Name

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Your first problem is that there is no such thing in Moodle as a "transcriber". This isn't really a concept of an activity owner at all. That sort of thing doesn't have a field in the database. "Who touched it last" is in the logs. 

Why not just put a label above/below the activity and type in the required information?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mahatria Ra -

Hi,

Currently we used the Label to identify the Author of the Particular Activity.

But We need Author Name next or below the Activity (Especially File - PDF file) Like Show File type and Date and time

Sample PDF File 60.5KB PDF document Uploaded 17/02/18, 11:47

In reply to Mahatria Ra

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's going to be very difficult because the data you want doesn't exist. 

At the very least you could develop a custom course format to display the last person to edit it. Anything more complex would also require the data you require being stored somehow. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mahatria Ra -

Okay Mr.Howard, Can you send me help or wiki link to create custom course format. I am very new to this env