"Undefined" popup on latest 3.4.1 build

"Undefined" popup on latest 3.4.1 build

by Zoran Jančić -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

After upgrading our Moodle from 1.9 to 3.3, most users experienced problem with unwanted popup window with text "Undefined" in it. I also saw that on my machine few times. Recently we upgraded to the latest Moodle 3.3.4+ (Build: 20180223). Now I can't reproduce this anymore but some users still have the same problem form time to time. It doesn't happen all the time so it's hard to catch and trace. The theme is default - Boost.

I've read this https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-58310 related to the similar or the same issue. It says it is solved from Moodle version 3.3.1. Some people mentioned custom user profile fields are somehow related to this. We have few also.

Does anyone else have this problem? Where to start looking for the cause? Any ideas?

Zoran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zoran Jančić

Re: "Undefined" popup on latest 3.4.1 build

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch on Debugging. Check your web server's error log for anything likely looking. 

If you (or someone) can reproduce it, get them to reproduce it with the browser's Javascript Console open. Any (red) Javascript errors?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: "Undefined" popup on latest 3.4.1 build

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

And, please, open the Network tab too and explore the real response of the AJAX calls since it could be an error in plain JSON or a broken JSON e.g. an HTML page explaining the issue with that request: both are useful to start the investigation.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)