Forum subscriptions

Forum subscriptions

by Nazim Khan -
Number of replies: 5

Hello. 

I have been trying for a while now to find a solution to enable teachers to receive notifications after a student has posted - however, although all settings are correctly set, the issue of teachers not being notified still exists. 

Please let me know what I can do. 

Thanks. 

Nazim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nazim Khan

Re: Forum subscriptions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Nazim,

I guess you've checked that the teachers are actually subscribed to the forum and that notifications of subscribed forum posts are enabled in each teacher's notification preferences? Are students receiving forum post notifications?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Nazim Khan -

Hi Helen, 

Students are not received post notifications either.  I tried changing settings and testing this quite a few times, and nothing has worked. 

In reply to Nazim Khan

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please see 'Why are forum post notification emails not being sent?' in the Forum FAQ for advice on what to check.

In reply to Nazim Khan

Re: Forum subscriptions -Bug in the code?

by Antti Peltonen -

Hello from Finland,

One of our teachers wanted the same function.  Just to get an email when a student posts to the forum.

I tried to set it up and run the scheduled task ("Run now")  No luck!  ( Moodle 3.4.1 (Build: 20180115) )

All I get was the following error. It seems that there is a bug in the code (?)

Forum mailings and maintenance jobs

Execute scheduled task: Forum mailings and maintenance jobs (mod_forum\task\cron_task)
... started 12:26:23. Current memory use 31.7Mt.
... used 3 dbqueries
... used 0.009896993637085 seconds
Scheduled task failed: Forum mailings and maintenance jobs (mod_forum\task\cron_task),Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Function cron_setup_user() cannot be used in normal requests!

In reply to Antti Peltonen

Odp: Re: Forum subscriptions -Bug in the code?

by Marcin Hatal -

I have the same problem, does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Attachment Scheduled task failed Forum mailings and maintenance jobs.jpg