Moodle has 126,577,013 users today

Moodle has 126,577,013 users today

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Today, Moodle stats page showed that Moodle has 126,577,013 (registered) users.

There are 1451 third-party Moodle plugins.

The latest release - 3.4 has about 800k non-comment, non-blank lines of PHP code and about 90.7k non-comment, non-blank lines of JS code.

Are these good reasons to celebrate ?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Moodle has 126,577,013 users today

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

As of the 25th April, 2018, which is only 54 days later than Germán mentions above, that number has jumped to 128,631,235. Even more impressive though, for me anyway, is that Moodle has a registered presence in 232 countries, indicating it is truly an international phenomenon. 

If we wanted to discuss the construction of Moodle, that is even more impressive when we look at the number of developers and the nations they come from. On-line conferencing is the key to this success, and congratulations to Martin and a team of dedicated employees and volunteers to actually make it all work. 

Not too bad from a lone guy with an idea inside the halls of academia.   

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Albert Ramsbottom -

i didnt think there were 232 countries in the world

197 smile

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

<comment class="offtopic">mmm ok, but political boundaries are far too flexible...smile 

There are 193 members of the United Nations (and 2 non-member observer states: the Holy See (Vatican City) and Palestine). Therefore the number 195 is too often used to represent the number of countries in the world. There are 61 dependent areas, and six disputed territories. - Quora

Sooner or later, the Israelis have to allow Palestine to become a nation, unless they have completely forgotten where they came from and why they rebuilt Israel. 

Wikipedia lists 206 sovereign countries. If you take that as the defining characteristic then I suppose there are 206 nationalities but that definition does not take into account linguistic or cultural background, ethnicity or disputed territories. Whether they're recognized by others is a different matter. - Quora

What??????? Is there a real answer here? 

Seeing as how England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are actually one country, Great Britain, and not four, which if you ask citizens of each region they are English, Scots, Welsh or Irish, not Britons, it really gets confusing. In Turkey, I thought I was in real trouble when I suggested a Kurd was actually a Turk, not a good thing to say, I can tell you. blush  </comment>