Help with Adaptable Theme.

Help with Adaptable Theme.

by jade lemmon -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, I'm using moodle 3.4, I downloaded the adaptable theme last week and I'm having a few issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am literally banging my head on the keyboard.

1.  It seems to be not at all compatible with an ipad.  anyone know why and how I can fix it? or suggest another theme that is?

2. Its working fine on an iPhone but the logo and title wont appear.  aghain how do I fix this?

Like I said any instruction would be appreciated, I've spent hours reading posts and watching videos, all to no avail. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jade lemmon

Re: Help with Adaptable Theme.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It is a responsive theme - what exactly do you mean by Not compatible?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by jade lemmon -

It doesn’t load at all when viewing moodle on the iPad. It’s like it’s not been installed. On an iPhone it loads ok but without the logo and title. 

In reply to jade lemmon

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

What version of iPad is it, as my iPad Mini is a few years old and does not show the site in the header either, but I put that  down to it using IOS 9.5.1 which I cannot update.

https://bylazydaisy.co.uk/?theme=adaptable

If your phone sees this as it should be seen and your iPad as I see it minus the heading could well be a version mismatch.

I use an old version of Safari on my iPad Mini but cannot upload FireFox or Chrome because of the IOS Version problem.

Its a pain in the neck really and like you am really annoyed, as other themes seem to work OK.

There is a latest version of Adaptable for 3.4 now which was only released this week so perhaps you need to update it.

But there is not guarantee it will work if your iPad is old.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to jade lemmon

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Adaptable has settings for mobile view.

Review that settings to configure how to display the theme in mobiles.

In reply to jade lemmon

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To provide support please add the Adaptable version and a screenshot to understand the issue.

Adapatble is not tested in iPad. We had some issues reported in the past but were solved long time ago. So probably is some incompatibility in your site or browser.