Mails sent in wrong language – tried seemingly everything and am at my wit's end.

Mails sent in wrong language – tried seemingly everything and am at my wit's end.

by Robert B -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone

I run a multilingual (de/fr) moodle installation (3.3.1) and everything works as expected with the notable exception of two emails. Both are sent from within modules; "Custom Certificates" and "Email-based self-registration with admin confirmation". The issue with those is that no matter what, the mail is sent out in german instead of french. 

I made sure that the text is translated and those translations saved (through Admin menu), made sure all caches have been purged, set the users preferred profile language to french, browse the site in french – and still I get the mail in german. 

Has anyone ever stumbled upon a similar problem? I'd be extremely grateful for any hints as to what could be causing this issue and how to go about resolving it.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert B

Re: Mails sent in wrong language – tried seemingly everything and am at my wit's end.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I suppose the site default language is German? It could as well be a bug in these two contributed plugins that they do not set the email recipient's language as the one for generating the email contents. If the emails are sent via cron, I can imagine that by mistake, the site default language, or the admin user's language would be used instead.

Let me recommend to contact the maintainers of the two language and report this behaviour into their bug trackers.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Mails sent in wrong language – tried seemingly everything and am at my wit's end.

by Robert B -

Hm, the emails are sent by cron; I'll investigate a bit regarding admin user language  and will try to contact those two directly.