core_user_create_users and core_user_update_users are missing some core fields

Re: core_user_create_users and core_user_update_users are missing some core fields

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Please vote for my tracker:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-62657

And add the other missing fields in the comments!

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: core_user_create_users and core_user_update_users are missing some core fields

by Nicholas Stefanski -

Wonderful! I never got around to taking a stab at this myself, but this works retroactively at least back to Moodle 3.4.3 as well. It also happens to fix some weird errors I was getting even with the previously supported "city" and custom fields. Thanks Richard!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nicholas Stefanski

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Nicholas,

You are welcome... but can you help me? Which files do I have to replace in Moodle 3.5 to get this working?

I'm not profiting of these changes myself yet...

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

by Nicholas Stefanski -

In 3.4.3, the only file I replaced was user/externallib.php

I guess I should note that I didn't test all the new fields, just `phone1` and I think `institution`. But like I said, before this change some fields like `city`, which were supposedly already supported, were not working at all for me. Putting in your modified user/externallib.php made `city` work too. It also eliminated some unspecified errors using space characters in custom field values.