Klass theme - How to add Instagram link to the footer

Klass theme - How to add Instagram link to the footer

by Ahmad Soltani -
Number of replies: 3

Hi moodlers smile

I'm currently using trying to add my Instagram link to the Get Social part of the footer in this theme. As you can see in the following image, there are only four parts for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+  so I'm kinda lost how to add Instagram to those four.

By the way, I'm using Moodle 3.3
Any ideas? :-?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Soltani

Re: Klass theme - How to add Instagram link to the footer

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If yuu want to add a further link to that list you would need to add some code to various files.

However, if you did not need the GOOGLE+ link you could convert that setting to read Instagram instead.

To do this go to the lang directory file found at...

klass/ lang/ en/ theme_klass.php

https://github.com/lmsace/klass/blob/v3.4/lang/en/theme_klass.php?L58-L60

leave the strings that are on the left as they are,  but change the wording on the right, so that you change Google to read Instagram. 

Save the file, then go to Site Administration > Languages > Language packs

Then select the button under the first column to update your language files.

Next go to the settings and enter your Instagram URL instead of Googles.

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Ahmad Soltani -
Thank you Mary smile

I don't need the Google+ link so I'll do as you suggest. Your solution changes the wording of Google+ to Instagram in the footer setting, right?  Will an Instagram logo appear instead of Google+ logo when I add my Instagram URL?  :-?   because I need the Instagram logo in footer smile
In reply to Ahmad Soltani

by Ahmad Soltani -

What I'm trying to say is that I need both the Instagram logo and URL down there in the Get Social part of the footer smile

so is there any way I can add it next to Facebook and Twitter logos?