Missing from disk errors after upgrading from Moodle 2.7 to 3.1

Missing from disk errors after upgrading from Moodle 2.7 to 3.1

by Sean Scott -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am getting a lot of errors stating 'missing from disk' when looking at the list of plug-ins in the plug-in overview from the Moodle GUI.

This began after upgrading from 2.7 to 3.1. When trying to locate where these errors are originating from I do not see any folders referenced by the errors; also when looking at the moodle database I do not seeing in reference in the database as well. 

Can someone help in determining how to track down what's causing these errors and how to either resolve them by installing what's missing or remove them so they are no longer throwing the error, if the block/plugin is no longer used or needed.  Some of the errors listed in the plug-ins overview have an option to uninstall the block but most of them do not have that option. 

I will include screen shots what I am seeing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

For example I see errors such as:

collect_plugin_course (block_collect_plugin_course)  2010050300 Missing from disk!
collect_plugin_coursexuser (block_collect_plugin_coursexuser) 2010021200
fileresponse (qtype_fileresponse) 2007071600 Missing from disk!

See screenshot for others.

Attachment missing from disk 1.png
Attachment missing from disk 2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Scott

Re: Missing from disk errors after upgrading from Moodle 2.7 to 3.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

All of these look like optional plugins. If you didn't do anything about it they won't have been replaced automatically during the upgrade process.

You'll need to go through and re-install them  (with the appropriate versions). The original data won't be lost.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sean Scott -

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a way to determine the exact name of actual plug-in that is missing. Either by querying the database or somehow in Moodle. When trying to search the backup of the old Moodle environment I do not see any reference to the plug-ins that are mentioned in the error. for example in the screen shot attached; when searching for fileresponse or imagetarget I do not see a way to find the exact name of the plug-in or where exactly in the file structure it was installed.

Any additional info you can provide?

Thanks again.

Attachment missing from disk 2.png
In reply to Sean Scott

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Look under the plugin at the 'grayed out' name.   That tells you type ... the last screen shot shared shows they are all related to quiz (question types).   The previous screen shot you shared showed some whose 'grayed out name' began with 'mod_' ... those are modules/activities ... some with 'block_' ... those are blocks.

They all show disabled so they may not be in use.    To see if they are in courses/thus used, go to

Site Admin -> Plugins -> Activity Modules -> Manage Activities.

Those are the mods ...

IF a mod isn't used anywhere in the site, the Activites column will show 0 ... if you see anything above 0, it means that there is X number of courses using that Activity.    Then it's something to restore ... as Howard said, re-install - IF there is a compatible version.

To see all plugins:

Site Admin Menu -> Plugins -> Plugins oveview.

that will show mods/blocks/themes etc.

Underneath their icon humanly re-cognizable name, you will see 'grayed out' 'short names'.

There is a section entitled: Question types

Some question types have dependcies:

Example" shortanswer (qype_shortanswer) has the following:

Required by: qtype_multianswer, qtype_randomsamatch

If the plugins are not being used, why restore them?

'spirit of sharing', Ken