Teaching with Moodle

Students see own answers

Picture of Tessa Rademaker
Students see own answers

After students complete for example an essay question, they're unable to read back their own given answers. When they click on the (already submitted) course, moodle asks the students to fill in new answers. Instead I want Moodle to show their already given answers. 

For the life of me I can't figure out how I can set it up the right way. I need some help!

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Students see own answers
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Is this for a Lesson activity or a Quiz?

Lesson activity!

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Thanks. OK, I am afraid there are several reports of lesson essays not saving if you go back to them - see MDL-45798 for example. Is it possible you could consider using the Assignment module instead?

Do you recommend the Assignment module? And if so, do I have to make the module again?

Thank you!

Mary Cooch
If you just want them to type directly into Moodle's text editor to write an essay, then adding it as an assignment might be the simplest way. See Assignment quick guide