Configurable Reports issue with installation Moodle 3.3.4+

Configurable Reports issue with installation Moodle 3.3.4+

by Jonny Galvez -
Number of replies: 3

I am having difficulties installing the Configurable Reports on Moodle v3.3.4+ and the following error message is being thrown after failed installation. It indicates that there is a duplicated table for the configurable reports block but I cannot find this block within the site. I can only make changes through the Moodle site administration but can request any changes from our head of IT. Can anyone please help as I need to be able to use this plugin!!

Debug info: Table 'mdl_block_configurable_reports' already exists
CREATE TABLE mdl_block_configurable_reports (
id BIGINT(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
courseid BIGINT(11) NOT NULL,
ownerid BIGINT(11) NOT NULL,
visible SMALLINT(4) NOT NULL,
name VARCHAR(128) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
summary LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci,
type VARCHAR(128) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
pagination SMALLINT(4),
components LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci,
export VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci,
jsordering SMALLINT(4),
global SMALLINT(4),
lastexecutiontime BIGINT(10),
cron SMALLINT(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
remote TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 0,
CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
ENGINE = InnoDB
DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8
DEFAULT COLLATE = utf8_general_ci 
COMMENT='block_configurable_reports table retrofitted from MySQL
Error code: ddlexecuteerror

Stack trace:
  • line 492 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: ddl_change_structure_exception thrown
  • line 1041 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 77 of \lib\ddl\database_manager.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->change_database_structure()
  • line 425 of \lib\ddl\database_manager.php: call to database_manager->execute_sql_arr()
  • line 370 of \lib\ddl\database_manager.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_structure()
  • line 902 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_file()
  • line 446 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_blocks()
  • line 1754 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 699 of \admin\index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonny Galvez

Re: Configurable Reports issue with installation Moodle 3.3.4+

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Go to your plugins overview page.  Do a full uninstall of config reports from there.  Then try again.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jonny Galvez -

Hi Emma, I've had a look but can't find any indication of the configurable reports in the plugins overview. I've searched for 'config' on the page and had no luck. Where should it sit within this page, I've checked under reports and also under blocks.

In reply to Jonny Galvez

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It must have been installed at one point and then uninstalled.  Or had a failed installation.  If you have access to the database, BACKUP first, then try deleting the table that is being referenced.