Is there a possibility to provide the Student to Add Activity or Resource

Is there a possibility to provide the Student to Add Activity or Resource

by John Rajesh -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Is there a possibility to provide the Student to Add Activity or Resource, especially 'Database' activity.

To 'Add Activity or Resource', one should select the 'Site home --> Settings Icon --> Turn Editing on' option.

I tried different options, but not able to do this. Please let me know if there is any possibility that a Student / Researcher can add an Activity / Resources, without giving the permissions to edit the Course Content, Assignments, Quizzes, etc & only should be able to add the "Database" activity.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Rajesh

Re: Is there a possibility to provide the Student to Add Activity or Resource

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi John,

It is possible to allow users with the role of student to add an activity such as Database by allowing the mod/data:addinstance capability. However, to allow users to turn editing on, you'd also need to allow the moodle/course:manageactivities capability, which as you've found, means that they can add/update/delete other activities and resources in the course.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Is there a possibility to provide the Student to Add Activity or Resource

by John Rajesh -

Hi Helen, thank you very much for your kind and quick response in this regard. This worked perfectly for my requirement.