Manually enter a score after every class--not assignment?

Manually enter a score after every class--not assignment?

by Robb Kerr -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

As most of my classes are project-based, I am hoping to be able to enter a score for student participation after every class. Essentially, I would like to be able to enter a grade after each class that could then be tabulated at the end of the semester. 

Thanks for any help.

Robb

In reply to Robb Kerr

Re: Manually enter a score after every class--not assignment?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can do this either directly in Moodle's gradebook, entering a manual grade, or you can set up an assignment where students don't submit anything (neither online text nor file upload)and you simply use the assignment space for adding your grade. See Assignment FAQ "Can I grade work that's been done offline?"

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Robb Kerr -

Thanks Mary! 

I should be a little more specific though--my fault. I am looking for something--maybe a plugin?-- that I can see my list of users, assign a score (say out of 5), then all scores will be averaged over the semester. 

Does something like this exist? I have an excel sheet doing this now but would like to have something that students can see. 

In reply to Robb Kerr

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'll just move this thread to the Gradebook forum where you can get more specific help there. I still think you can do this  by directly editing the gradebook though.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Robb Kerr -

Thanks. I will try as you suggested. 

Robb

In reply to Robb Kerr

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What about the gradebook does not do this??  Are you wanting the students to see other students grade just for this activity?

Could you use the forum for this?

In reply to Robb Kerr

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Would the attendance module with a custom scale work?