Plugin for adding difficulties

Plugin for adding difficulties

by Peťo Chomič -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I will use Moodle in very diverse environment, so I want to make plugin, which separates students by their level of knowledge, so every student get some level. Now on quizzes questions will have level too, and everyone will have quiz generated by their level. I am new to Moodle and its modular structure but is something like altering core database and creating a way of populating quizzes for students achievable by module, or just by altering Moodle core?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peťo Chomič

Re: Plugin for adding difficulties

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Peto

This may be a case for administration rather than development.  For example:

• Add a profile field corresponding to levels
  • Create quizzes drawing from different question banks according to their level
  • Use conditional access such that students only with that profile field can access

or

• create separate groups in your course and allocate students to groups based on a level
  • have quizzes only visible to certain groups

Free, perhaps unwanted, advice: stay away from Moodle core, zombies live in there smile

HTH

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Jones

by Peťo Chomič -

Thanks for reply

Your answer sounds good, this is basically what needs to be done. My task is to do it automated, without adding job to administrators/teachers, the only new thing for them will be adding difficulty to created questions, so this is case for development. And yes, I want to stay away from core smile .

I will try to do it with plugins and hopefully there will be no need to changing core

In reply to Richard Jones

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Modifying core is almost always a bad idea and there are an amazing number of ways to achieve things without Modifying core.