I will use Moodle in very diverse environment, so I want to make plugin, which separates students by their level of knowledge, so every student get some level. Now on quizzes questions will have level too, and everyone will have quiz generated by their level. I am new to Moodle and its modular structure but is something like altering core database and creating a way of populating quizzes for students achievable by module, or just by altering Moodle core?
This may be a case for administration rather than development. For example:
- Add a profile field corresponding to levels
- Create quizzes drawing from different question banks according to their level
- Use conditional access such that students only with that profile field can access
- create separate groups in your course and allocate students to groups based on a level
- have quizzes only visible to certain groups
Free, perhaps unwanted, advice: stay away from Moodle core, zombies live in there
Thanks for reply
Your answer sounds good, this is basically what needs to be done. My task is to do it automated, without adding job to administrators/teachers, the only new thing for them will be adding difficulty to created questions, so this is case for development. And yes, I want to stay away from core .
I will try to do it with plugins and hopefully there will be no need to changing core