Forcing PHP version

Re: Forcing PHP version

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

NO, Ken..

Pardon if this sounds 'pushy', I just don't take to walking away from a problem until I know I can't do something about it! 

Doesn't sound pushy at all, determination is important, always. This is really not a Moodle issue, and the issue is really about using the NAS. It's not now, and never will be, a production site, but a repository for me that I can access and get additional materials that I may not put into a production site. As such, I really don't want to waste anyone's time with what is a) not a real Moodle problem, b) a personal whim, if you like, and c) something that is structured in such a way as to resist anything more than some tinkering at the edges. 

The NAS runs with its DiskStation Manager, and without the technical background required, I can't describe what it is I am seeing, or doing half the time..smile I am just as likely to wreck the whole thing if I push the wrong button, like using Putty to gain -su control and then edit a file only to have it be system critical. I've certainly done that before, several times...and ended up just about wearing out a set of 3.5inch floppy disks reinstalling MS-DOS ...smile (A while ago,,,but no-one told me what it was I should and shouldn't do,)