General developer forum

Error: Database connection failed

Picture of Diane Soini
Error: Database connection failed
Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have created a Eucalyptus instance that runs a single percona database (mysql) and have loaded that up with a backup of our production moodle system. From another Eucalyptus instance where our moodle code lives, I am able to use a console to log into the database using the host ip address and credentials. These are the same credentials in my moodle config file on this instance. But moodle does not seem to be able to connect to the database. I get the error message Error: Database connection failed.

Is there something in the database itself that is storing connection data that is preventing the configuration settings to be used? Or something else I have overlooked? Again, the correct ports are open, the config settings are correct, I can connect with a console using the same config settings. Also, moodle will run fine if I point it to a local database. Just not to this remote one. What am I missing?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Diane Soini
Re: Error: Database connection failed
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Okay, I found what was missing. SELinux, which I turned off, was turned back on again. Grrrr.

Average of ratings: -