one teacher one group

one teacher one group

by Stephen Catton -
Number of replies: 7

Hello folks

Is it possible to have a course with multiple teachers and groups and have it set so that a teacher can be restricted to only be able to view 1 group's activity completion report and grade book (etc) and be prevented from seeing results from other groups?

Cheers

Stephen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Catton

Re: one teacher one group

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It should work if you have the course set to separate groups and you restrict for the teacher role Capabilities/moodle/site:accessallgroups - have you tried that?

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Stephen Catton -

Hi Mary

Thank you for your reply. 

The course has many groups and i have set it to separate groups and set the relevant activities to separate groups. This works fine and a trainer can filter by group, but i would like to be able to restrict a trainer to only be able to see a specific group only and not be able to see the other groups even if they want to.

Cheers

Stephen

In reply to Stephen Catton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The idea behind removing the capability moodle/site:accessallgroups  is so they can only see their own group. Does it not work?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Stephen Catton -

Thank you Mary... I didn't realise that one had to add the Trainer to the group first. I have always kept the trainer outside of the groups...

thanks a lot

Cheers

Have a good weekend

Stephen

In reply to Mary Cooch

by joy zhao -

I have the same situation. We have about 4000 students in around 100 groups. Just wonder if there is a limit of maximum groups within one course? and a limit of maximum students in one group?  Thanks smile

In reply to joy zhao

by Felipe Barroso -

Hi Joy! No to group limits and a limit of students within the course. What will interfere is only if your server will endure and not stay slow with everyone's access at the same time. The report I have of my courses is always 10% of the total number of students of a course, logging in at the same time. Check Google Analytics and pass it to your IT staff. Hugs!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Felipe Barroso

by joy zhao -

Thanks Felipe. That's great to know and is very helpful. Sure will pass the info to our IT department.