Essential Theme "undefined" error

Essential Theme "undefined" error

by Radim Vlcek -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We just upgraded to Moodle 3.4.1+ and installed the Essential Theme, but sometimes we got an blank error message when accessing the page:

It appears on random pages while loading/refresh them (Course detail/dashboard/Student list. etc.)

The same is happening on different browsers. Sometimes there are more windows like that opened and you have to click on "X" to close them to access the page, but then it works normally.

Any idea how to fix that?

Thank you 

Attachment Moodle_error.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Radim Vlcek

Re: Essential Theme "undefined" error

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

And what version of the Essential theme are you using for thee has not read the forum rules.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

And that is an error message not a page, so what page please?  What other plugins are installed?  How did you upgrade?  What procedure did you follow?  Have you purged all caches?  What errors if any are on the browsers console?  Are there any errors in the PHP.log file?  What have you done to identify what is causing the issue?

by Gareth J Barnard -

Have you tried to select the white on white text to see what they say in the error message?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gareth,

I have had some strange things happen similar to this, but NOT in the Essential theme, mainly on this Moodle forum, using my iPad mini.

The notifications tend to be saying things like Web Services not available...but I am not sure why.

So could be a Mac problem? I have never had any problems with the Essential theme. So perhaps the OP might be better advised to check another theme as it could be a Moodle BUG?

Cheers

Mary