Getting rid of Captivate and using Moodle exclusively for multimedia course?

Getting rid of Captivate and using Moodle exclusively for multimedia course?

by mike spit -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Everyone,

I have two legacy courses that I have authored in Captivate 9 and then published to AICC zip packages to host on my Moodle 3.2.3 site. This solution has worked for a number of years. However, recently, as I make simple changes to my coursework and publish to zip, this introduces all kinds of unforeseen bugs like next buttons not working, discolored slides, etc. A lot of our content is multimedia ie animations, voice overs, videos. This has been a pain to keep straight in Captivate and honestly I'm not a fan of Adobe's support. What I am thinking of doing is taking the raw materials of the video, audio, etc and building a new Moodle course with it. My problem is that I'm not sure how I should structure it. Should I be using a lesson and embedding the videos one by one, slide by slide, adding quizzes, etc? Is there a plug in I should be using? Or am I just using the wrong LMS? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Mike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mike spit

Re: Getting rid of Captivate and using Moodle exclusively for multimedia course?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Although there is no "right" answer, depending on the way your Captivate modules were structured, I would definitely start by converting them to Moodle lessons.