Quiz Structure Analysis Not Showing All Questions

Quiz Structure Analysis Not Showing All Questions

by Stephen Loutzenhiser -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all!

In Moodle 3.3, I am attempting to view the structure analysis for a quiz entirely populated by random questions, but online I see 20 rows of statistics for the random questions, followed by just a couple of the actual questions in the question bank.  It should show all of the possible question statistics after the random question statistics, but they're not showing up and there doesn't appear to be any option to "see all".

Fortunately, when downloading the sheet, I can view all of the random questions and the individual question statistics, but it seems like I should be able to view all of the questions from the question bank in-browser.  Is there a way to do this, or is downloading to view all the questions the only option?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Loutzenhiser

Re: Quiz Structure Analysis Not Showing All Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you are just experiencing MDL-48092.

I don't think this depends on Moodle 3.2 compared to 3.3. I think it only depends on whether you have more or fewer than 10 questions in the random category.

In reply to Stephen Loutzenhiser

by Roald Santens -

As far as I could tell, this is normal behaviour. The Statistics page only gives you the highlights, meaning:

1. an overview of the randomized questions in the quiz, question number by question number
  2. three statistics for the actual questions:
    1. the actual question that scores the worst (minimal)
    2. the actual question that scores the median
    3. the actual question that scores the best (maximum)
It took me a while to understand this.

The only method to get all the info for the actual questions themselves is by downloading.

In reply to Roald Santens

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What you say is true sometimes. It is true if there are more than 10 actual questions that can appear in a particular slot.

If there are 10 or fewer, then all possibilities will just be shown in the main report, even without downloading.