BigBlueButton library of files

BigBlueButton library of files

by mahmoud hassan -
Number of replies: 2

hi  we now use bigbluebutton hosted on our server and everything is very good 

but i have many teacher , students group and subjects so we use many files.

there are only one preload file i can put it in the class and also when teacher finish session he can't back to the same session again so can't find the uploaded files in the last session.

my question is how to make bigbluebutton session open the same session every time so teacher can find the files uploaded before or how can i pre upload many files so teacher can find all files without wasting time in uploading files? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mahmoud hassan

Re: BigBlueButton library of files

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mahmoud,

>there are only one preload file i can put it in the class

That is correct. The tool only allows to pre-upload one file. Without being too technical, this is done this way because the way BigBlueButton manages the pre-uploaded files won't let us identify the file that would be shown. That may change in the future, but this is how it is right now.

>when teacher finish session he can't back to the same session again so can't find the uploaded files in the last session.

The session is not persisted, it is actually created on the fly, so you can not go back to the same session once it has been ended. Instead, once the session was ended, you go to a different session with the same room name and characteristics.

Lets put it this way, the room (in Moodle) defines how the session in BigBlueButton is going to be. Including the pre-uploaded file that is going to use.

This means that the only file you are going to "find" there is the pre-uploaded one. Again, this is not because the file was stored, but because when the session was created, BigBlueButton will pull the file (again) from Moodle.

I hope this clarifies the concepts.

JF