How do I make all levels of the taxonomy available to be attached to an activity?

How do I make all levels of the taxonomy available to be attached to an activity?

by Joel MacDonald -
Number of replies: 8

If you have a competency framework with all four taxonomic levels used, Moodle 3.1 only seems to allow you to attach the top level of the taxonomy to an activity. There are times that I need my level 1 to be what I attach and sometimes my level 4. How do I make all levels of the taxonomy available to be attached to an activity?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joel MacDonald

Re: How do I make all levels of the taxonomy available to be attached to an activity?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As far as I am aware, if all levels have been added into the course, then you should be able to add any one that you like to a particular activity. (I just tried this) Could you perhaps send some screenshots of your problem or explain in more details how you are setting up the competencies, adding them to courses and then to activities?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How do I make all levels of the taxonomy available to be attached to an activity?

by Joel MacDonald -

Here's a framework where I used all four levels (photo 1). I want the activity to acknowledge the fourth level (Maintain Confidentiality) but I don't have the choice to do so (Photo 2).

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I'm sorry but I can't replicate this. (You could try on our School demo site -school.demo.moodle.net. Log in with the username manager password moodle and add different levels to competencies. Then add them to a course and then add them to an activity. (Are you sure you added all the levels to the course, before you tried to add them to an activity?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joel MacDonald -
Ok problem solved. I assumed when adding the level 1 named item that all

sub levels would come with it (they are nested underneath them after all).

I didn't realize that I had to add each one individually. Thanks.

by Mary Cooch -

Aha! Glad that you solved it and thanks for posting back so others will benefit in the future.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joel MacDonald -
One final question. Is there a way to bulk add the competencies to a course

or do they have to be added one by one?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Mary Cooch (via Moodle.org) <

by Mary Cooch -

I think you can bulk select - in whatever way your computer OS allows - click and hold and select more in the list and then bring them in together.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joel MacDonald -

Yes, you are correct. Thanks again.