Installing and upgrading help

Upgrade 3.1>3.4 error in Questionaire module

Wazza
Upgrade 3.1>3.4 error in Questionaire module
Particularly helpful Moodlers

After upgrading from Moodle 3.1 tot 3.4 there's a course I can't access anymore. 

This is the error I get on accessing the course:

Error reading from database
Debug info: Unknown column 'username' in 'where clause'
SELECT id
FROM mdl_questionnaire_response
WHERE complete = 'y'
AND username = ?
AND survey_id = ? LIMIT 0, 1
[array (
0 => '4279',
1 => '86',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:
  • line 486 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 1155 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1902 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql()
  • line 1349 of /blocks/progress/lib.php: call to moodle_database->record_exists_sql()
  • line 262 of /blocks/progress/block_progress.php: call to block_progress_attempts()
  • line 288 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_progress->get_content()
  • line 230 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 1210 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 1262 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 579 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 186 of /theme/adaptable/layout/includes/header.php: call to core_renderer->standard_head_html()
  • line 31 of /theme/adaptable/layout/course.php: call to require_once()
  • line 1261 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 1191 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line 244 of /course/view.php: call to core_renderer->header()

How do I get back to this course? Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
Wazza
Re: Upgrade 3.1>3.4 error in Questionaire module

Well, the error message is correct (as always)... there is no column 'username' in mdl_questionnaire_response.

So now what... do I add an empty column 'username' and how do I do this?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Wazza

So yeah, that did the trick... .adding one column with 'username'.

I don't know how this happened BTW. I guess someone missed this with the Questionnaire module? Did it have a 'username' field in Moodle 3.1?

Perhaps it's better to move this topic to Questionnaire...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Chris Chapman

Got the same issue, going from Moodle 3.0-3.3 was this ever fixed by developer in a new release of the plugin?

Average of ratings: -