Upgrading 2.5.4 to 3.4

Re: Upgrading 2.5.4 to 3.4

by Karikalan Kumaresan -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

After few tries, I have found the following,

1. When creating a subpage, it by default creates a section where I can add more activities (SCORM etc) under that section. However in 2.5.4 those sections were displayed as orphaned sections (hidden from students), but now those sections are displayed as a visible section at a course level itself (which is supposed to be displayed only under the subpage).

2. Without subpage, I could not organise activities under one roof. Tried flexible sections, but it is not expanding or collapsing without refreshing the whole page, also the student view is not displaying the collapse/expand arrows.

Kind of stuck with what to do, except with the option of tweaking the core moodle code to hide the sections in the course view. Any ideas?

Thanks.

In reply to Karikalan Kumaresan

Re: Upgrading 2.5.4 to 3.4

by Belinda Caulfield -

Hi Karikalan, we are having a similar problem at the moment as we have upgraded our test moodle and now all our subpage content (orphaned resources) are now displayed as hidden on the screen as I cannot change the number of topics to view as OneTopic have removed this feature (to keep it aligned with the core course themes that no longer allow you to choose the number of topics to display).  Apart from the fact they are hidden we have some courses that have over 40 subpages which will mean there will be an additional 40 topics on the page which I do not normally display.  I am playing with the test site at the moment and will update  this post if I find a solution or work around.

Kind Regards,

Belinda