Upgrade Moodle 2.5 to 3.4

Upgrade Moodle 2.5 to 3.4

by Hossein Poursaeedi -
Number of replies: 2

i have recognized you have added 3 tables in db from last old version of questionnaire which we have used and those are :

mdl_questionnaire_dependency  , mdl_questionnaire_fb_sections and mdl_questionnaire_feedback  .

i want to know if i overwrite other table which store our data, will get any issue in feature ?
if yes do you suggest to upgrade it ?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hossein Poursaeedi

Re: Upgrade Moodle 2.5 to 3.4

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi -

There are many changes in function and data structure from the 2.5 version, so you should definitely upgrade with your Moodle installation. If you upgrade your Moodle to sub versions, you should also upgrade your plugins to those stop points. So, if your Moodle goes from 2.5 to 2.9 and then to 3.4, upgrade your plugins to their 2.9 versions as well.

The questionnaire uses Moodle's standard upgrade process, which is designed to manage the data and ensure no loss or corruption. So as long as you do things properly with the upgrade process, you should be fine.

That said, it is software, ans surprises can happen. You should always do a test upgrade on a non-production copy of your site first, and then verify everything went fine. Then make sure you keep a backup of your production data before you do the main upgrade.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: Upgrade Moodle 2.5 to 3.4

by Amruta Pokhare -

Sir pls help me with step wise procedure to upgrade Moodle 2.5 to 3.4 on Centos Server.

Thank you.